Monday, June 23, 2008

Nascar fun and more COWS!

Gosh- its been about a week since I've updated. I usually update after Trey goes to bed and in the 2 hours before Chip comes home- but last week he was home every evening for dinner so I stayed off the computer... yay!

This weekend Chip enjoyed his birthday gift- the Richard Petty Experience. I sure wish'd I could've done it also- maybe next summer when I am not pregnant... Anyway. We headed to Atlanta Motorspeedway early Sunday morning (Trey was with Chip's parents). We were not sure what to expect or how many people would be there. We drove into the infield (pretty neat!) and were directed to the media center. There Chip was "issued" a race suit (here he is wearing it). They showed a video and then took all the drivers to vans (there were about 30 people there to drive). Then the drivers went through a crash course (bad pun) in how to drive the car. Then it was on to the track! Chip rode along with a "pro driver" for 3 laps then got into his own car and driver 8 laps. They were not allowed over 145 and Chip drove 145- faster than all the other drivers that day! I think he missed his calling...Trey got his first hair cut today. We didn't take him anywhere- we did it ourselves. Glad we did. He did not like the hair cut. You would've thought it hurt. I held him and Chip cut. Chip did a good job- here is the best picture I have of his new do.We also went to Chick-fil-a tonight for a family dinner. We love that place! Since we were there last time when Trey meet the cow (about a month ago) he has become attached to a stuffed cow that my Aunt Elaine sent him for Christmas. He takes it to bed and carries it with him all over the house. Well tonight the manager gave him a small stuffed CFA cow. Well now he can't put either cow down! So in his crib tonight are the big cow and little CFA cow!

2 comments:

Thyneburg PA said...

Chip would be better called to driving for NASCAR were he about 6-8" shorter. SORRY, your calling call to race got wrecked (pun intended) by your height!

Emily said...

Fun birthday present!!
Trey looks so cute with his cow! Welcome to the world of being attached to stuffed animals...whenever I go anywhere, I have to make sure I have my kids and their "friends"! =)