Tuesday, June 17, 2008

3to 30 and oh my gosh my triathalon!

This weekend was certainly a busy one! Trey and I got up bright and early Saturday morning and headed to Conyers to celebrate Brenden's 3rd birthday! His party was held at Kids on Air- its an inflatable indoor jump place. It was pretty cool. Trey enjoyed running on the floor between the inflatables but didn't really want to go inside any of them. Before long there were many kids twice his size so we headed to the lobby where he played with Madison. Madison is my friend Ashley's daughter. Madison is about 6 months older than Trey. She mostly tried to hug and kiss Trey while he ran away. So it was fun for both of them... here are a few pictures:
Trey also enjoyed the pizza lunch with the other kids... but he still won't trey cake (not going to force that one!)
After the party we hurried to Gainesville to meet Chip to celebrate his birthday. We had planned to spend the day out on the lake with his friends but the rain kept that from being an all day affair... Here is Chip blowing out his candles... this is what I get for asking him to pose for me! LOL!
Sunday- father's day was a beautiful day. Chip's friend Mike stayed from Saturday and we spent alot of time on the water... I can still see the two places on my legs where I missed with the sunscreen! Here we are as we head out for the lake.While out on the lake we saw a HUGE bass floating in the water... we rode up to it it looked like he died eating a fish. Check out the picture- you can see the tail of the other fish coming out of his mouth! (you may have to click on the picture to see a bigger image to see the fish tail)Father's day was nice. Chip enjoyed his day (Trey even gave him the Dukes of Hazzard 2 movie collection... Dukes fest is coming to Atlanta in 2 weeks!!)- the rest of us were far away from our Dad's. Dad- wish you could have been there, I'dve loved to watch the race as Jr. won with you. But I love you and miss you!
Well the Aflac Iron Girl triahalon is less than 2 weeks away. I spent some time this weekend biking and swimming... I felt pretty good about my swim and worse about the biking. That bike seat hurts! Today I got the final details about the race. Oh boy... I wasn't nervous until now. I will have to go the day before to set up all my things - or transitions areas as it is refered. This is my first triathalon so I have no idea what to expect. I am also the "last wave" to begin. It is done according to age and my age group is last (20-29). Since I am the last time group to start I have less time to finish in order to go to the bike portion and the same for the bike. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Good luck! :o) Can't wait to hear all about it!