Thursday, May 15, 2008

Fernbank- not again...

Tuesday was community day at the Fernbank Science Center here in Atlanta- which meant free admission! I was pretty excited (free is always good!) so I called up Karen and we made plans to take the kids. I can remember going to Fernbank so many times as a kid on field trips. I can't say I remember all that much about the place - mostly just the planatarium (which wasn't free on Tuesday) and most of my other memories include waiting outside to get in and eating the brown bag lunch we always got on field trips (which always had an apple and a chocolate chip cookie and I hated both those things- still hate the chocolate now). I guess if I had remembered what Fernbank was all about I wouldn't have taken Trey and asked Karen and Kate to come along. But then again I should've known better.... The Fernbank Science Center is well about science and of course we all know what that means- EVOLUTION! Yea- so it was kind of a bust. But at least we didn't pay to get in. The one neat thing about the place was the toddler play room- Kate and Trey really enjoyed that part- here are some pictures:

Afterwards we headed to Felini's Pizza- I love this place. There are a few locations around Atlanta and you can buy pizza by the slice- YUM! Anyhow- it was at least nice to spend some time with friends!

No comments: