Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Random....


I guess its been a busy week... Plus there is some news to share but that'll have to wait until later this week for a post! We are heading to Pennslyvania to visit my folks. We'll be leaving tomorrow night and driving through the night. We did this back in September when Trey was 5 months old and it worked perfectly! We left Atlanta around 9pm and arrived at my parents house around 7am... just as Trey was waking up. Last time he was still in his infant carrier - which is perfect for sleeping. This time I am a little worried because he is in a "big boy" car seat and it only reclines so far. I went out and bought some neck wings (that's what they are called) sort of like little pillows for him that attach to the shoulder straps. So hopefully the car ride is smooth and Chip & I have no problem staying awake. While we are there my brother, Kevin and his wife, Suzanne will drive out from New Jersey. They haven't seen Trey since ... well September! My cousin Jane Alice will also come out from Maryland. She and I are 10 days apart in age and our boys are 5 days apart in age! We thought that was funny! My cousin Cindy and her husband Mike will also get to come from New York! Cindy and Mike came to visit us in Atlanta last year- we had so much fun. We took them to shoot a gun for the first time! Mike shot so many rounds that it actaully caused his fingers to bleed! We found a few more gun lovers that day! So I am really looking forward to our trip. I don't get to see my family often since most of them are in the Northeast... Hey family- the south is so wonderful.... move here!!

Anyway I went to Toy R Us last week to buy Trey's neck wings and when I got back to my car it wouldn't start! UGH! It was actually really hot that day so I got Trey back out of the car and saw a "man" (I use that word only to describe his gender- male is more appropriate) sitting in his car. I tapped on his window and asked if he would jump my car... I even told him I had cables... He told me NO! I couldn't believe it... I ended up going back into TRU and getting the manager to help. Thankfully it was only a dead battery. The folks are Marietta Toyota have always been so great!

So to round out the week Trey learned to climb stairs! No we don't have any but his grandparents do! He loves to do it! We also visited with Karen and Kate. Of course I forgot my camera but Karen has some great pictures... check out her blog (see to the right for her link... Karen you gotta show me how to link through my text).

Well hope to post again on Thursday!

7 comments:

Karen said...

Hey, Luann! I tagged you on my blog for a meme. http://33foramoment.blogspot.com/

HAVE A GREAT POST!

Karen said...

DUH! I meant ... HAVE A GREAT TRIP!! :o)

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

P.S. To link, when you are working on your post, just highlight the text that you want to make a link and then click on the little green chainlink icon. A little window will pop up, and you can put the link address there. :o) HTH!

(Sorry for the delete--I was trying to fix another typo.) Have fun!

Anonymous said...

You've got my curiousity up now! Hummmm. Love that you're blogging!

Emily said...

Ok, so Alex and I have made several guesses as to what your news is...we can't wait to find out. Hope you have a wonderful visit in PA and a safe drive!! Hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey! (Eric's wife here) I am so glad to have found your blog.

Trey is super cute!

I'll be back!