Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Just another Tuesday...

This morning we went BACK to the Social Security office (if you ever have to go- don't go to the one in ATL)... we went yesterday to get Trey's SS# and boy was it a disaster! On the way up to the 28th floor boy Trey decided it was time to "GO"... so he went and poor guy- his diaper didn't hold up. After getting my number I took him to change him- wouldn't you know it no changing table! (Thankfully I had a little pad he could lay on) Well the super cute pants he was wearing could not go back on- they were ...well nasty. And since I had only taken the essentials the day before to the Braves game I had no change of clothes with me for him. I cleaned his shirt best I could and that was all he had on while we waited. So long story short we didn't have all the documents we needed (you know you have to also have thier immunizations records?!) So we went back again today. Now another things about the building where the SS office is... you pay $7 to park in a drug and homeless invested lot. There are two vacant buildings that you park in front of and during our visits we watched people go in and out of the buildings to buy drugs. No hiding it... no shame... I took some pictures...
I took this picture standing in front of my car...

This is space # 25 (where we paid SEVEN DOLLARS to park!)So once we finished up (2 hours later) we stopped by the Varsity to eat! This is one of my favorite places... Not really sure why because the food isn't really that wonderful but it's greasy and a one of a kind place in Atlanta so I love going (the onion rings are really good). Trey had been a few times before but this was his first time actaully eating the Varsity. He had a naked dog and a few fries! And of course wore the famous Varsity hat- What'll ya have!? Here are some pics
Trey and Chip on the way in:

YUM!

And finally - Congrats to Chip Lobeck (I have to specify with the last name - Lobeck and Chip used to live together. CHip and Chip... yea it was confusing!) on the big win for the Jayhawks! He gave Trey some neat KU gear and Trey wore it proudly today (thanks Chip!) ROCK CHALK!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock Chalk, Trey, Rock Chalk!

Karen said...

I agree--that place is VERY SCARY! I remember going there to get a new SS card after we got married. Parking was very frightening!

We actually got Kate's SS card in the mail soon after she was born--I think we filled out something in the hospital for it.