Tuesday, July 8, 2008

July 4th weekend

Boy I am behind on posting...
This weekend was another busy one! Friday was July 4th! This is one of my favorite holidays! Nothing better than celebrating this wonderful Country. I love everything about it- I love that at least for one day people can be patriotic, I love the hot weather, the American Flags everywhere, the hamburgers, the lake, fireworks... Just a great day. One of my favorite traditions has become to run the Peachtree Road Race. This is the largest 10k in the world and can seem more like a party or parade than a road race. Each year prior I've always walked/run - but this year my goal was to complete the race in under an hour. I BARELY made it! My time was 59 minutes and 55 seconds! LOL! Hopefully next year when I am not prego I can not cut it so close! I don't have a SINGLE picture! Only thing is this- here is a link to marathonfoto... I am going to order a few of these: http://www.marathonfoto.com/order_assigned_photos.cfm?BFI=13in99ll9b&OID=16902008S1&BibNumber=84438&CustomerNumber=P59U57&Currency=USD&Language=en

It was a ton of fun... I have finally set my goal on completing a full marathon- Nov 2009- Thanksgiving day. Atlanta has a marathon Thanksgiving morning and of course because that is only a week before my due date this year I can't do it- so I figure I'll have almost a year to train. Hold me to it!

The rest of the weekend was nice... Here are some shots of Trey with his Patriotic clothes on:
Saturday I attended Kate's first birthday party. It was a nice ceremony and the food looked wonderful! I wasn't able to stay long since Julia (my sis-in-law) was heading back home to California the next morning- so we went out to eat with her that evening.

Funny things were happening around the Chamberlin Sr. house Saturday/Sunday. First my phone took a swim in the dish water. I went to the AT&T store to purchase a new one. Now keep in mind 3 months ago when we bought our phones we paid $29.99 for 2 phones. I simply wanted to buy the same phone. They wanted $239.99!!! WHAT A RIP OFF! It wasn't until spending time on the phone with customer service and threatening to switch the Sprint that they "gave me a deal" (STILL A RIP OFF) of $80 for the phone. Should've switched to Sprint!

Then thier Ice maker broke, lighting struck the house causing the alarm to die and kill the phones! What a day!

So now its just time to pack and get ready to head to Cape Cod for the weekend! Hopefully Trey will do great on the plane!

No comments: