Monday, July 21, 2008

Another weekend...

Over the weekend we bought Trey his own chair. He'd been trying to sit on everything that was his height and I figured he needed something else to sit in besides the baby bouncer when I take a shower (he watches a Baby Einstien movie on the portable DVD player)... He really loves his new chair- here are a few pictures.
Friday night Trey and I went over to Karen's for dinner. Trey had so much fun playing in Kate's playroom. Trey has become a little lover- he loves to hug and kiss. But with our cats he will rest his head on them very softly. I think its his way of hugging them. Well Trey started doing that to Kate! Karen and I kept trying to get pictures of it- but I don't think any turned out great- but here is what I got... Saturday night we took Trey to Chip's parents house and then we headed back to Atlanta. We ran some errands (bought a double stroller and test drove a car) then we went to the Braves game. It was so much fun! Alot of our friends were there so most of the game we stayed in the Chop House (Its a bar out in right that over looks the field). Here are some pictures of our night.I can't get a picture of these guys without the hand gestures....This one is just funny because Josh looks pretty silly (guy on the far right) - have another one Josh!JJ, Jenny, Brian, Anna, Chip and IAlex and Emily - Chip & IToday was about the hottest day of the year so far... at least it felt like it. When I left for the park this AM to run it was 80 but the heat index was already 90! AH! It felt like wearing a platic bag outside today... Anyway it got me thinking about how living in the city you do miss certain things about the summer. I don't see any lighting bugs, I don't hear the loud loud crickets in the evening, I don't hear lawn mowers or smell fresh cut grass, no sprinklers clicking.... I am beyond blessed and by no means am I complaining- just started thinking about all the things that make me think of summer and remind me of being a kid (like coming in at dark all itchy because I'd been rolling around in the grass!). So happy summer - I absolutly LOVE this time of year and I'll take the 101 degree sweaty humid days here in the south anyday... there is nothing like going outside at 6am and its still 80. Maybe I am crazy but I love it!

No comments: