Sunday, May 31, 2009

A day in our city

Saturday morning we headed to Pemberton Place/Centennial Olympic Park for the "Everyday Heros" event - put on by Coke, the Aquarium, and National Museum of Patriotism. (This is really a neat place since Coke and the Aquairum have moved in!) Centennial Park is now bustling with activity and is a nice place to spend an afternoon... Anyhow- Trey LOVES firetrucks and Police cars so what better place to go. He spent about an hour running from Police car, to firetruck, to police car, and firetruck. We even rode a firetruck (although I couldn't really get any good pictures of that).After all the fun checking out the police and fire stuff we walked over to the Olympic fountain rings... Trey is becoming a real water lover so we thought he might appriciate the rings. And boy did he ever! I am thankful for once I thought ahead and brought a change of clothes for him... if only I had brought myself some clothes- Iwent home pretty wet... I had to join in the fun with him! Check out the pictures!
Unfortunetly this was all happening right in the middle of Shelby's nap so she enjoyed some sleepy time in her stroller!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Wow. That does look like a lot of fun! Great pictures. You are so good at finding things to do in the city...I need to consult you for activities and ideas more often!