Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The debate

So I am finally going to try and catch up on my blog... sort of.

Tonight is the 2nd debate- and I think this is the first year I've really taken the time to watch all of each debate (including VP debate). I've always followed politics and even used to volunteer alot of my time to "my party". But in honor of tonight- I thought I share a silly story about my "brush" with McCain and Trey's meeting of a candidate.

In Feb of 07' when I was prego with Trey I was in Orlando at a conference for the job I had at the time. Word started spreading that McCain was coming to speak to those who wanted to hear. Well of course I'd go and it worked out so that I had no meetings during McCain's arrival. So the bossman and I headed to the conference room to see him. We ended up all the way up front! I had no camera with me either so I was disappointed- but I DID have my cell which had a camera on it!! Well silly me had forgotten that I had been playing around with the tones on my phone weeks before and discovered when I took a picture the phone could make silly sounds. So Mr. McCain is speaking and I whip out my phone to take some pictures... and WHOO-WHOOO-HAA-HAA... yep- when I clicked to take the picture my phone made monkey sounds! AH! LOL! I was pretty embarassed! I changed it quickly and took a few more pictures. They invited people to stay afterwards to meet McCain but I figured nah- I was hungry and didn't feel like waiting. I sure wish I had. It'd be neat to have gotten my picture taken with a future President (or so I hope). I don't even have the pictures from my phone because the phone died before I downloaded them... oh well. I did take this picture in Boston last month. It's a cut out... obviously.

Then last year I got word Rudy Guliani was coming to Atlanta for a campaign stop and he'd been doing a meet and greet at the diner across the street from our place! Awesome! I loaded Trey up and off we went. We arrived early to stake out our place by the door. Trey was 5 months old at the time and many people wanted to stand near us since they knew that a politician couldn't resist a baby... you know- shaking hands and kissin babies! Finally Mr. Guliani arrives along with TONS of media and security - it was pretty cool! As soon as Rudy walks in the door he makes a beeline straight for Trey! He posed for a picture for me and the media - it was crazy all the cameras clicking pictures - it was just how I would have pictured it! Here are a few photos.
This picture is from the Marietta Daily Journal... The photographer sent it to me

3 comments:

Karen said...

Great post! LOVE IT!! Luann, If I had been there, I would have made you go meet McCain with me! ;o)

Unknown said...

Wow, I've never been around something like this. Looks very exciting.

Anonymous said...

this is your bossman speaking... yes, you were hungry, but the full reason we didn't meet McCain is that we had to rush to a dinner meeting. Otherwise, we surely would have met him and he would have selected you as his running mate.