Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Just another week

We are getting settled into our new place pretty quickly. If I could just remember where I put everything in the kitchen! LOL! Trey is really loving having all the extra space and a room that he can really play in.
Over the weekend (when we went to pick up Trey from Chip's parents) we went to our friend JJ's 30th birthday. It was a fun time - plus it was so nice to catch up with friends that we don't get to see very often.
Sunday we helped Chip's dad get the boat out of the water... (Ok well I just went along for the boat ride- I was no help). Yea- I know it's still August- but Lake Lanier water levels are SO low. About 18 feet below full pool. You can still go out on the water safely- but with only one ramp on the north end still open (and its scheduled to close in 2 weeks- this is because the water is so low) it was time to take the boat out or leave it all winter. Hopefully we'll get lots of rain so next summer the lake can be full. So anyhow- the open boat ramp was at the Olympic rowing venue and there were alot of rowers out. What a great workout that looks like- so I contacted the rowing club and am going to take lessons (yes- after Shelby is born). I am so excited! I need to get some tips from my brother and sis-in-law, they were both on the crew team for Rutgers.

We also went to Quiznos for lunch the other day. How could I not... my parents will be the owners of 2 Quiznos in only a few days! I can't wait to visit and eat lots of toasty subs and soup! YUM! I love that place. Here is Trey enjoying his jr. turkey...
I just thought this picture was funny. Nugget took advantage of Trey being in bed last night by testing out Trey's chair. I guess he liked it!
Last random story- I've been looking for a baseball fan for Trey's room. Its really cute- the blades look like bats and the light globe looks like a baseball held by a glove. Well didn't realize they were so expensive- Home Depot had them for $112! So I checked Craigslist (my new favorite website) and found someone selling it for $45. I asked if she would take $35 (my motto- everything is negotiable) - she said yes. This morning I went to meet her husband at his office to pick up the fan. It looked great! As he was carrying it to my car the glass baseball light globe fell and smashed all over the ground. That was the only thing that broke. Well he ended up giving me the fan free (poor guy felt so bad). I found the globe on ebay for $3.99! So now I got the whole $112 fan for $4! YEA! I love a good deal!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the picture of your cute kitty in Trey's chair!

Anonymous said...

so the Quiznos... are they moving close to you and running them in sub-Atlanta? Or will they remain in PA? That sounds like a fun second career... I assume "dad" is quitting the lighting business.

Anonymous said...

Gret work on the negoatiatshuns!!!! We miss you hereee

Karen said...

Love Quiznos! :o) Great deal on the fan!!