Sunday, August 10, 2008

cars, clothes, cats, fruit flies, and McDonalds...

Trey has recently taken an intrest in matchbox cars. I can remember when my little brother, Kevin, was into matchbox cars- those things were everywhere. Anyhow- a few days ago I got out the car mat and a few cars that Trey had gotten and he loved it! Now he will pull out the car mat and lay it out best he can and drive the cars on it. Its really cute. Here is a picture.
Thursday night was the first night Trey spent the night away from the house without us. It wasn't as bad as I thought. When Chip and I got up in the morning without him it was odd not having him there. But I don't think Trey really even missed us- LOL! Anyhow I left him with his Grammy and Papi so I could get up bright and early and go to a consignment sale. They didn't allow strollers before 11am and people told me you had to go early... plus Trey would NOT have tolerated something of this nature. I ended up spending 2 hours at this sale and spent just under $200. BUT I got over 50 articles of clothing for Trey and Shelby in addition to a swing, a complete crib bedding set, a mattress, and decorations for Shelby's room. I even picked up a bouncey chair for my niece, Gabriella (who is due in Jan). I'd say I did really good. All the items I got look brand new. This is the way to buy baby stuff. They grow out of the clothes and toys so quickly that when you buy used it still looks great- plus you are not breaking the bank. Another one is coming up in September in Conyers- I can't wait!

Chip's folks live on Lanier on a long road that only has a hand full of homes. At the end of the street is a cul de sac (sp???) where from time to time over the years people will dump out animals they no longer want. Chip's parents rescue most of them and are pretty successful in finding homes for them. About 6 years ago they found a few calico kittens... well they still live with me. Nugget and Fry (here is a picture)...
Yesterday we took Trey on a walk and guess what I hear... MEOW! There she was the cutest little calico cat kitten someone had dumped out! We took her back to the house- gave her food and water and tried to find a home for her. Trey really liked having something around smaller than him. He held the cat and decided her name was "mato mato" so I translated that to Tomato... Long story short Tomato got a home. Here is her new owner- 3 year old Alyssa. Tomato loved her and she just couldn't put him down. Alyssa was just so suprised that Tomato was her new cat.
Last week our garbage disposal jammed and it took them 3 days to repair it (they kept forgetting to write down our work order!). Well fruit flies invaded the kitchen! AHHH!!! Finally it is all fixed but I have bowls filled with vingear all in the kitchen (STINKS!!) I even went out and bought fly paper (which stuck to me and kept falling into the sink. Well it all worked! Only a few hours and they are all dead!! YEA!!

Because of the invasion of the fruit flies I refused to cook or eat until they were dead today- so we went McDonalds! YUM! Something about going there with Chip and Trey for lunch on a Sunday just makes me feel so .... happy. Yes this is super strange - but I've always loved McDonalds (every big milestone in my life I've had McD's... our wedding, birth of Trey, after running my first 1/2 marathon, and of course birthdays!) Plus is reminds me of being a kid. Here is Trey and I with our drinks- I have Coke and he has an orange drink!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Awwww, that kitten is so cute! Sounds like you really got some great deals at the consignment sale. YAY! Our church is having one in September--I'll have to send you the info. :o)

Unknown said...

How great that you were able to rescue that cute kitty! Love the McD's part.