Monday, November 24, 2008

A Stone Mountain Christmas!

Last night we went to my favorite place- Stone Mountain Park! My Dad always took me when I was a little girl and I even had my first summer job there when I was 16. I've always loved going... so I was so excited to bring Trey for the first time.
First thing we did was feed the ducks. My Dad and I fed the ducks each week- and Trey loved it just as much as I did... Here are the pictures: (the ducks did show up- mostly geese at first)

After feeding the ducks we headed to the new village that the park has built. They have a special Christmas event- complete with falling snow! There are many shops and the best place to eat (which we ate at- yum!!) but most of the time we were there we spent at the train station. Turns out Trey loves trains. He would even get very upset when the train would leave the station to make the trip around the mountain. We eventually took him on the train. That was the best part of the entire night! The train makes a stop about half way for train riders to enjoy a Christmas show... and I couldn't believe my ears when I realized this was no politically correct Christmas show. They were simply telling the Christmas Story! They even shared the gift of Salvation. It brought tears to my eyes. I loved that Stone Mountain had decided not to do some "happy holidays" thing and forget Jesus like most places this time of year. Thank you Stone Mountain for a wonderful night (but maybe the $20 admission fee could be a little lower!).
On the train with Dad

Trey watching the train leave the station!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, what fun! Sounds like a really neat experience. That's cool that you and your Dad used to go there all the time, too.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great time. I still haven't seen the laser show.