Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Civic duty!

As you may know I have always felt very passionate about voting... I registered to vote when I was 17 1/2 - that way as soon as I was 18 I could vote. I don't think there has been one single time that I have missed going to the polls. I think voting is such an important part of being an American. Chip & I have been so excited that Trey would get to go the the polls and see what it was all about. Trey even started to say "vote" - although it sound more like boat.

After Chip left for work we headed out to the polls and waited... Trey had juice and snacks and of course some cars to play with. We waited in a long line in a gym for an hour- which was great because Trey had a place to run and roll his cars around. But after the line moved out of the gym- things went downhill. Eventually the poll workers pulled me out of line and moved me up front. This was very nice- I think they thought I was having pains becuase I am so pregnant. I certainly was not deserving of moving up front- but I am sure Trey appriciated the kindness. All in all we waited about an hour and a half. Not so bad. (here is Trey in his Patriotic- election day- outfit)
I am just thankful to have the chance to vote! I am so thankful for those who fight for us to give us this right! Now.... all we can do it pray.

No comments: