Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fry Guy

In 2003 Chip's parents found some kittens at the end of thier street- I ended up taking 2 of them. Nugget and Fry - yes I named them after McDonalds food! Fry became the big lazy one and Nugget the skinny crazy one. They each had differnt personalities but both so sweet.
Fry went to the vet on Monday and was diagnosed as having kidney disease- the Vet said she'd seen cats live as long as 2 years with it- not what I wanted but at least he could live. Poor Fry went downhill very quickly and we had to put him to sleep today- his kidneys were shutting down and so was his heart- there was nothing else that could be done.
My heart broke. We stayed with Fry the whole time and petted her as she slipped away. I was glad I did- I think it was nice for her to have us there in her last moments.
I will miss that kitty so much. I will miss her sitting on my feet in the middle of the night as I feed Shelby, her keeping my legs warm whenever I lay down, her drooling mouth when she was so happy, the sweet way she was with Shelby and Trey, the company she kept me while I watched tv, her indention on the bed each morning.... She was the best cat I ever had. Thank you Fry Guy for being such a great kitty to us!

4 comments:

Emily said...

It's so hard to lose a pet. Especially one as sweet and cute as little Fry. She's adorable.

Karen said...

Luann, I am so sorry. :o( ((HUGS))

Team Bickers said...

I'm a cat lover, too. Sorry to hear about Fry. Your blog entry made me tear up, but looking at the pictures made me smile...especially the one of Fry watching TV!

Unknown said...

Lu, my heart goes out to you!