Friday, December 19, 2008

"Been in trouble with the law since the day they were born"

Things here are going well! Shelby is such a sweet quiet baby and sleeps ALOT. Trey is being a great big brother and really has enjoyed helping. A few days ago I heard Trey saying "hello, hello, hello" I walked into Shelby's room and he was standing on a stool looking into her crib telling her hello! What a site!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Each morning when I am getting ready Trey sits in his chair in the bathroom and I set up the portable DVD player and he watches Baby Einstien or the Veggie Tales. Well this one particular morning all of his DVD's were in the car. So I searched our DVD's for something appropriate for him to watch... The Dukes of Hazzard!!
Growing up I loved the Dukes- every Friday night I got to watch. Chip was the same way as a kid. The two of us still love the show.
At our wedding- the grooms cake was themed with the Dukes. We almost bought a General Lee... yes- really (we then found out we were pregnant with Trey and thought better of it) but maybe one day when the kids are grown... We've gotten to meet John Schnieder- Bo Duke and We even attended Dukes Fest over the summer!
We have all but season 6 of the show and couldn't wait for Trey to watch them....
Turns out Trey is a HUGE fan! Each morning when he gets up he asks to watch it telling us "Dukes, Dukes". When its on he grabs his General Lee and even says "yee-haw" during the jumps and chases. Its really funny and cute. I guess it all sounds kinda redneck- I guess its a southern thing (at least that's my excuse)

Trey and I last December (2007) in Gatlinburg at "Cooters Garage"

Chip & I in June (2008) at Dukes Fest... Chip and I (2006) with Bo Duke The Grooms cake at our wedding (2004)And here is Trey watching the Dukes!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! Bringin' up rite! Yeeeee Haw!

Karen said...

1. That is just the sweetest thing--Trey saying hello to Shelby like that.

2. That is HILARIOUS about the Dukes. I think Trey needs his own CB radio now--what will his handle be?