Friday, March 28, 2008

Tornado in the city

I guess its been about 2 weeks since a tornado touched down in Atlanta. Chip was at work and my Dad called to tell me that the roof of Phillips Arena had been damaged. So I turned on the news and turned off the computer... the wind and rain outside were terrible. I kept thinking "should I grab Trey and take cover"... But the weather man didn't seem to think so, so I stayed on the sofa watching the weather. The rain stopped and Chip came home. We talked and caught up on our day and then later turned on the news- WOW! A tornado had touched down in the city! The live pictures of the destruction were amazing. Today was the first time I had ventured downtown (even though it is only about 4 miles away) and here are a few pictures I took....
The GA World Congress Center - all boarded up.

The Peachtree Plaza hotel and the side of the CNN Center.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That tornado was horrible I am glad that it was late and most people were indoors or in the stadium. The pictures are great. It makes you think maybe a promotion to a office with a window may not be as great as you thought.